Hamas War

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's Getting Harder to Write

I'm amazed at the people who are constantly at their computers, like Jack with his irreplaceable updates. And to think that he's also scheduled to host the 100th Heval Havalim....

Part of my problem is the physical discomfort of sitting at the computers. The more comfortable computer is in the colder room, and that causes physical pain. The warmer room has a less comfortable computer which suffers from glare.

But the real problem is that war is depressing. I dread phone calls with bad news. The Shiloh email list sent out a list of who's in Gaza. It's a cross-section of families, some sons, some young husbands. At least one family has two sons, and another's daughter-in-law's brother was killed.

Our minds enter a "freeze" when it's hard to get ourselves moving, just waiting for what we don't want to happen or hear.

I don't have any inside knowledge, which is why I asked my friends in the crosshairs to blog here. It's a good release for them and it give us an idea of what life is like in southern Israel during the war.

The will of the people is to finish off the terrorists. We don't want them to be able to rearm, and we dread what's happening up north.

We're also waiting for news about when elections will be, since Kadima and Labor don't want to lose whatever additional support the war has given them. Yes, that's why I call it the Election Campaign War.

I hate waiting and waiting is what we're doing.

No comments: