Hamas War

Monday, May 5, 2008

Olmert's Priorities

Ehud Olmert is a very goal-oriented person. That could be good and that could be bad. Of course, it depends on where you're sitting and, for some, which piece of the pie you're getting.

The news has been full of reports about the fact that
Olmert is again facing corruption charges. In addition, Police investigate PM's ex-bureau chief .

Olmert's response is:

Prime Minister Olmert discussed the investigation to which he was summoned by the Israel Police:
"You all know that last Wednesday, the Israel Police contacted me and asked to hold an hour-long investigation, within a short time. I responded immediately and made the time available. Last Friday, I met with Israel Police investigators for one hour. I answered all the questions I was asked and cooperated with the investigators, who - Imust point out - acted in a respectable and proper fashion. To my regret, for reasons that do not depend on me, the country has been swept with a wave of rumors regarding the investigation. I am certain that when matters are made clear, with the permission of the proper authorities, matters will be presented in the correct proportion, in their right and exact context, and that this will put an end to the rumors. Until then, we have a national agenda. I have priorities as Prime Minister of Israel. I intend to uphold these priorities and continue to hold the meetings, carry out the responsibilities and do the things, that I must."
CABINET COMMUNIQUE, 4.5.08

The Israeli public's priorities should be a total change in government!

No comments: