Last night we, the Undecideds, had our fourth discussion weighing the options of which party to vote for as elections get sooner. Pre 2026 Israeli Elections, the important legal steps have been done. Each party has entered its list of candidates, and pairs of parties that have made their surplus votes agreements.
Actually in our pretalk discussions, I had mentioned that I'd like to discuss these partnership choices, and the organizer, Jonathan Feldstein of the Genesis 123 Foundation, included the issue in the topics discussed. Considering that Israeli governments are coalitions, I feel that the surplus votes agreement may be a hint as to possible a coalition agreement. Davka I wonder if there's such a clue in the agreement made between Avigdor Lieberman and Naftali Bennett. Lieberman is a very veteran experienced MK plus government minister, though in recent years he as been in the opposition. Naftali Bennett is the one who broke Netanyahu's run as repeat caretaker/interim Prime Minister, a role given to the most recent Prime Minister when a coalition seems impossible to negotiate after elections. Bennett shocked all by negotiating a coalition making him Prime Minister, even though his party only had seven 7 out of a hundred and twenty 120 seats in the Knesset.
We still have over a month to go before that fateful day when we must vote/decide. Gd willing we'll be meeting again on zoom. I enjoy the discussions, as we don't agree on general policies and party choice. I hope you listen to our discussion on the youtube and let me know what you think. I'd really like to know your opinions.
If you want to listen to our earlier discussions, here they are 1, 2 and 3. Just click the number.
No comments:
Post a Comment