Hamas War

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Meet me, the goyisherebbe

Hello, folks, this is my very first posting, so if there is something that is either technically or substantially not right, please use the comment facility and educate me. Thanks to Batya for inviting us (we are a husband and wife team) to join her. We live nearby the Binyamin region, long may it stand! I am a retired computer programmer and currently a kollel scholar at a yeshivat hesder (where the young guys combine Torah study and army service) on the way to the Jordan Valley. My wife works as a dental assistant in our community and is halfway through a two-year course for yoga teachers. She also has studied shiatzu.We have eight children, five married, and (this just in today!) 11 grandchildren.
My alias, the goyisherebbe, refers to my many years of interest in and teaching of the Sheva Mitzvot Bnai Noach, the Seven Noachide Laws. For those of you who don't know, these are the seven laws of the Torah which apply to all of humanity. Years ago my oldest son referred to me as the goyisherebbe (that is, rabbi or teacher of non-Jews), and, being amused, I kept the title privately. Now I am going public with it. Besides the Seven Laws, my other involvements are Torah Life Coaching and Anousim (what used to be called Marranos -- crypto-Jews of Hispanic origin).

2 comments:

Esther said...

You did a great job! I look forward to more of your posts. It's a great moniker. :)

Batya said...

I've known goyisherebbe and wife for a long time, even before moving to Shiloh.

I'm pleased and proud they've decided to accept my invitation.