Hamas War

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Likud Primaries-- Whom to Vote For?


I'm sure that I'm not the only Likud member in a major dilemma trying to figure out whom to vote for in the primaries.

The whole system is ridiculously complicated. Hundreds of people are running for a few dozen slots. One of them is Moshe Muskal, of Mazkeret Batya, a small town near Rechovot.

I met Moshe and his wife, Riva, twenty-five years ago, when our children shared a room in Shaare Tzedek Hospital. Since then I've been able to "keep up with them," though not yet meeting them, between news articles about Moshe's political activities and the fact that I have neighbors from Mazkeret Batya.

I just had a long talk with his neighbor, who knows him well, for decades. I asked about his policy concerning YESHA, and I was reassured that he's strongly in favor of Jewish life, communities, etc here, in all of the Land of Israel.

Our mutual friend said that
Moshe Muskal's an honest and hard-working man and reassured me that he would fight for our rights here in Eretz Yisrael.

4 comments:

Esser Agaroth said...

B"H

Don't even get me started on how complicated this is going to be.

Do I have to vote 12? Why can't I just for a few if I want to? No one knows the answer.

I will support Feiglin, Sackett, and Kleiner. I will not support Sagiv what's his name, though, due to his involvement w/Xians. He's been talked to about this, but not sure what the results were.

I like Edelstein, but does he need my support?

If I could just vote against Yehiel Leiter I would be happy.

Batya said...

Amen on that last statement. I blogged about him last week.

I prefer Boaz Ha'etzni, and I don't want Edelstein, because Bibi does. Are you voting in Shiloh? I'm trying to get a list of reliables. I had a long talk with Muskal's neighbor.

Esser Agaroth said...

Either Shilo or Ariel. But according to A7 there isn't any polling place in Ariel, which doesn't make any sense. Maybe they don't consider that "Yo"Sh."

I have my own issues with HaEtzni.

Is there anything in English or Hebrew about a list of polling places and addresses, and rules for voting?

I can't find anything.

Batya said...

My husband said that it's all computerized and you can vote whereever you want. Go to Bibi's site; I'm sure all the info is there in 3-4 languages.