Hamas War

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Up High In The Shomron

That's where I was today, yes, up high in the Shomron. I accompanied Helen Friedman of AFSI and other friends, led by David Ha'ivri, of Tapuach, on a great, thrilling tour.

Pictures will, G-d willing, follow, sometime in the future.

We visited Rechallim, looked over Shechem at Kever Yosef (Joseph's Tomb), met the Governor of the Shomron Regional Council and were wowed by Avri Ram's enormous farm which towers above Itamar.

I don't have time for details right now, but all I can say is that I'm impressed, even jealous, of the energy I feel in the Shomron. Just south of the Shomron is Shiloh and our Benjamin Regional Council. There's neither leadership nor vision here. We have the land and a great location, but we haven't taken full advantage of the gift G-d gave us.

4 comments:

A Simple Jew said...

No pictures yet? :(

Batya said...

Sorry simple, really. I must get the house ready for a full Shabbat.

YMedad said...

I think, but I may be wrong, that most if not all of the Shomron "new facts on the ground" ar the result of private initiative and fairly little to the credit of the Shomron Council, unlike efforts like Kedumim, for example and Moshe Zar & Family.

Batya said...

In terms of initiatives, yes, private. But Mateh Binyamin isn't showing support the way they should for the small/new communities. I heard nothing positive during the election campaign. Too status quo. No growth, no life.