Hamas War

Friday, November 28, 2008

Twitter's Not Just For Social and Flaky Stuff


Jews and non-Jews all over the world are anxiously awaiting news of the hostages in the Chabad house in Mumbai. Apparently the most up-to-date on-the-spot reports are from the amateurs via Twitter. Thanks for the link, L.

There are people right there reporting what they are seeing and hearing.

Eat your heart out Reuters etc.

Please continue to pray.

The public is being asked to pray for Gavriel Noach ben Freida Bluma and Rivka bas Yehudis, Aryeh Leibish ben Elta Nechama Maltshi and Ben Tzion ben Elka, as well as "anyone else affected by the tragedy."

May we have a Chodesh Tov, a Good Month.
I guess, I'll have to sign up for Twitter.

2 comments:

Leora said...

You can use Twitter like you did, for reading other reports. Go to http://search.twitter.com and type in the keyword for what's going on (could be 'nariman' or 'mumbai' in this case).

But there may be a time that you want to give your own reports (I pray not, certainly not like what is going on in Mumbai).

It's pretty easy to use. Better to learn now, when it's just for fun, than when you really need it for something serious.

Batya said...

Leora, thanks for the advice. B'ezrat Hashem, I'll sign up.

What I really must do is redo the basic templates of my blogs to use all the new blogger stuff. I understand that it's a matter of choosing a new one for each, yes one at a time, and transferring my gorgeous banners. Then I have to add all the extra stuff, like the webads and blogroll etc. Oy, just thinking about it...