Hamas War

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Not The Picture The Media Likes to Show You

Here are a couple of pictures I took while at work in Yafiz, Rami Levi of Sha'ar Binyamin. Sha'ar Binyamin is just north of Jerusalem, in the southern section of Mateh Binyamin, The Benjamin District.  Yes, the media and Leftists call this area "the west bank."  But real life here isn't always like they show in the news.




The key to understanding what you're seeing is to recognize the different ways Jewish and Muslim women cover their hair, or tie scarves.  Yes, Jews and Arabs shop and work together in these stores.  I see it and experience it every day at work.

I must admit that some days it's harder than others to just do my job as a saleswoman in Yafiz.  After terror attacks it becomes especially difficult.  One thing for sure is that we don't talk politics with the Arabs, neither customers nor staff.  It's like living in a parallel world.  Which world is the real one?

6 comments:

aparatchik said...

Hi,

Can you post more stuff about your dealings with the arabs. I'd love to know if/how you get on with each other. What their attitudes are towards you/Israel, etc.

Batya said...

I don't know who you are.

I write what I feel like writing; nobody tells me what to write. I've written about the subject before.

Rivki Silver said...

Thank you for posting these images. It's a good reminder that despite the rhetoric we hear, life still goes on in its mundane way, B"H.

Batya said...

Rivki, real life here is nothing like what people imagine.

Esser Agaroth said...

This is why I boycott Rami Levy.

Batya said...

You'd be amazed at how many businesses employ Arabs. At least in Yafiz and Rami Levi, the Arabs spend money.