Hamas War

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Read Carefully, Please

It all started with my hat tipping IMRA, all in the best intentions.  You know, the type that leads to the road to hell.

Somehow a Jerusalem Post reporter put my commentary into Lerner's mouth and he became very angry, sending off letters denying that those awful words could be his, claiming I "fabricated."  Not that I consider what I had written so awful, or I wouldn't have written them.

Now his letter is in the Jerusalem Post directly maligning me, and this is what I sent to the paper:

First your reporter miss-quotes from my blog angering IMRA's Aaron Lerner.  His letter was easily identified, indented in my blog post.  She quoted my words.

And now you published an angry letter by Lerner which claims that I fabricated words claiming they're his.

I suggest that your reporters learn the first lesson I've taught many times as a high school EFL teacher.  Look at the graphics.  Lerner's words were in an indented section of the post.

http://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2009/11/jewish-terrorists.html

6 comments:

Netivotgirl said...

Batya, be grateful he's maligning you! Seriously, our Torah says that the number one way to get a "kappara" for our sins is to suffer public shame. So even if you don't give a hoot what he writes/ says (which is hard to believe, being the honest, honorable and wonderfully classy lady you are,) HIS actions are wiping out sins "upstairs!"

Tizki La'mitzvot for saying things "as they are" without fearing anyone but Hashem! May you be strong and continue until 120 to eloquently publicize your views!
Bravo!

Batya said...

Thanks for the good wishes.

I hope in the long run it's for the good, and the publicity isn't doing my blog any harm, bli eyin haraa. I don't remember the source of "It doesn't matter what they say about me, as long as they spell my name right."

He made a mountain out of a mole hill.

Anonymous said...

You know what would be a bigger kaparah?

Get together over coffee and cake and bury the hatchet.

Achdut, mechila, bracha rishona, bracha acharona - all in 10 minutes time.

And it can be done over the phone, too - sans cake and coffee.

Batya said...

Shy, I wouldn't mind that, though I'm not a cake eater.
I'm easy to find.
ps They spelled Lerner's first name incorrectly.

Anonymous said...

"I'm easy to find."
------------------------
The pasuk says "Bakesh shalom VE'RADFEHU".

You have to run after shalom to achieve it, not let it find you.

Batya said...

Lerner sent out a clarification, which is just perfect. I can feast on that. My life is so complicated now. I'm lucky enough to spell my own name correctly.