Hamas War

Thursday, November 5, 2009

One of Those Crazy "Emergency" Calls

A short while after my husband had left for work, he suddenly called.  I couldn't imagine why.  A call at that hour usually concerns some urgent news that I must know, or to take care of something he had forgotten to do.

Well, apparently for him and some other expat Americans on the bus this was an "emergency."  I was requested to hurry to the New York Times site and check out the score of the World Series.  Ahhh, so that's why I had heard him turn on the diningroom table laptop for just a second before he left for work.

OK, the Yankees (personally I never liked them, they made me think of boring white bread) were ahead in the 8th inning.  He asked me to check again in a few minutes.  I did and then called him with the news he had wanted to hear:

2 comments:

goyisherebbe said...

If someone is that much of a baseball fanatic, he should get on at 6:30 in the morning before going off to work and check the score. That said, the Yanks deserve the championship, for which they paid good money. If baseball were to institute a salary cap, you could have a World Series between, say, KC and Milwaukee, which would be boycotted by the major media, and we know what media do. Just like the world isn't fair to Israel, it isn't fair to "out of town". But don't forget that frum Jewish fans in NY and Philly both daven to the same G-d. That makes it look kind of dumb, no?

Batya said...

They were on the 6:30am bus!

Baseball isn't my thing, but I'm a football fan, of Jerusalem's Big Blue Lions, who won the game tonight. Not that I was there. Their great defense player played. I'm not allowed to say his name here....