Hamas War

Monday, May 11, 2009

It Is Illegal!

According to the ad publicized in the Jerusalem Post by the Israeli government, it is illegal to wash cars or clean paved areas with water hoses. When I took the pictures, nobody seemed concerned. Of course, I used the camera's zoom.

In back of Binyan Clal, The Clal Building, on Agrippas Street, I could see a work supervisor use "threatening" body language to make sure the man holding the hose did his job. The other picture was taken from Yoel Solomon Street, Nachalat Shiva, near Zion Square.

Both areas, especially Agrippas Street, have lots of police passing by. Nobody paid them any attention but me. I wonder if there's a way of informing the police. My feeling is that they don't really care. If they fine anyone for breaking the law, it will be an ordinary home owner.

The ad about the water saving laws can be seen here.

4 comments:

Keli Ata said...

I understand the need for water conservation, especially in the Middle East of course.

Still...what would Spring be like without people washing their cars with their radios on sort of half dancing as they wash? LOL. At least in the US it wouldn't be Spring without car washing. It's almost a sunny day ritual even in the winter.

Batya said...

Keli, it's just not done like that. I wouldn't be surprised if you see it on Shabbat, when it's forbidden and Sunday which we dono't have.

Spring here is getting ready for Passover, and then celebrating. And then Independence Day and then Lag B'Omer. And then Jerusalem Day. That's spring for me.

Keli Ata said...

Sounds like a beautiful spring:) Of course they shouldn't be washing cars and stuff on Shabbat.

BTW: When is Jerusalem Day? I want to add something about it at the bottom of my column offline at work?

Keli Ata said...

Oops typo. I didn't mean a question mark at the end of the last sentence.