Hamas War

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

FYI #2 post by Ellen

The JTA Election Center has a transcript of Republican debate which took place last month. Look at the answer that Ron Paul gave ( I know, I know, Paul is a Nazi, Huckabee is a bible-thumping White supremicist, Romney is Satan's brother, Obama is a former Muslim turned Messiah, McCain is Judah Maccabee with a sidekick called James Baker, Guilani is a lost opportunity, and Hillary - the shrill wife of Bill...) but just take a look anyway:

REP. PAUL: In many ways, we treat Israel as a stepchild. We do not give them the responsibility that they deserve. We undermine their national sovereignty. We don’t let them design their own peacetreaties with their neighbors. And then we turn around and say that when you want to do that, or you want to defend your borders, they have to check it out with us.
I think Israel would be a lot safer. I made the point earlier. We give three times as much money to the Arabs. Why do we arm their enemies? So if you care about Israel, you should be against all the weapons that go to the Arab nations. (Cheers, applause.)
And I just don’t see any purpose in not treating Israel in an adult fashion. I think they would be a lot better off. I think they, one time in the ’80s, took care of a nuclear reactor in Iraq. I stood up and defended Israel for this. Nobody else did at that time.
But we need to recognize: They deserve their sovereignty, just as we deserve our sovereignty. I believe if they assume more responsibility, there would be more peace there, and that there would be a lot less threat. Besides, we don’t have any money to do this. (Cross talk, cheers, applause.)
http://elections.jta.org/2008/01/11/32/

No comments: