Hamas War

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Replying to Elliot Jager of the Jerusalem Post

Elliot Jager, Op-ed Editor, of The Jerusalem Post wrote a sort of "how-to" piece about op-eds. I sent a two-part comment* to the internet edition of the paper. Of course, I have no idea if they'll put it up. If you see it, please let me know.

Here's what (edited into one piece) I wrote:

Well, Elliot, I weighed the deal you offered me a few years ago. You said that if I sent you anything, you could hold it for five days, and then if you rejected it, I could send it further afield.

Well, many of the pieces I write do better without storage.

So, I blog, which means I run my own op-ed online newspapers. I'm the owner and editor.

While I was planning this one, A Calling? , I thought of sending it to you, but I didnt' want my article to be "frozen." Soon after, another op-ed page editor asked me to expand it, which I did.

A Calling?

Of course, my blogs don't have the same size readership as The Jerusalem Post, but I can post what I want.

*Well, I've checked a few times, including now, half a day later, and for whatever reasons, my comments don't appear in the talkback. Now, was I obscene, overly rude, or what? I used to send lots of "letters to the editor," but since I blog I don't bother. l Just recently I started sending some talkbacks. I think I'll just stick to blogging. It's nice being my own boss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I, for one, am very glad you're blogging. And very glad I found your blog. Keep it up!

-- MAOZ

Batya said...

Thank you MAOZ.
You make my blogging worthwhile.