Hamas War

Saturday, May 13, 2006

a little respect

One of the "absurdities" of world politics is the fact that only a couple of countries "recognize" Israel's capital. I don't mean that if their "State Departments" or "Foreign Ministry" movers and shakers see a picture of one of the major landmarks they don't know where it is, I mean that they refuse to admit Israel's right to choose it's capital city. Their embassies are located somewhere else, usually Tel Aviv.

That's pretty rude. It's very rude. Israel has been the capital of the Jewish Nation since King David moved it from Shiloh to Jerusalem, and I don't think I have to tell you how long ago that was. Think of The US history at that time or where Bush's or Washington's or Kennedy's ancestors were at the time.

My ancestors were here in the Holy Land. Maybe they were in Shiloh. It's certainly possible, and that's probably why I've always felt so at home here.

Who are all those foreigners to make judgments about our capital and our rights? Talking about chutzpah! I think that the best thing would be if Israel were to put its embassy in cities other than the official capitals of countries who insult ours.

I'd like a little respect, but the problem is that Israel is ruled by people who are still stuck in their ghetto mentality, Stockholm Syndrome. I hope they recover, before our entire country is destroyed.

No comments: