Hamas War

Monday, August 2, 2010

Email Problem, Please Help, Mailing Lists Gone

I've been emailing and blogging for quite a few years.  Actually my blogging began after I starting writing articles, which I called my "musings."  I began sending them out to various friends who encouraged me by telling me that I ought to start an internet site. 


In those days internet sites were complex projects which cost lots of money to set up and maintain.  Then I heard about blogs, easy to use free sites on which one could post whatever sort of article one wanted.  I would still send my articles, the best of them, to a select but growing list of people.  I began using my shilohmuse yahoo account at that time, specifically to promote my writing. 


Over time I made my emailing more efficient with the creation of all sorts of lists, especially the jblogger one to notify other bloggers and interested people about Havel Havelim and then later on the Kosher Cooking Carnival and JPIX.  Another very important list is the one to notify people about the monthly Rosh Chodesh Women's Prayers here at Tel Shiloh.  These lists are extremely difficult for me to reproduce, because I don't know many of the people personally, so it doesn't help to just go through my email address book.


I'm going to have to start from scratch.  I need help.  If you would like to be on any of these lists, please email me indicating which list/s:
  • musings
  • jblog carnivals
  • Rosh Chodesh Women's Prayers at Tel Shiloh
And for those who think I have the solution in my "sent box," sorry, I don't keep sent mail.  I do have some old mail from people who have contributed to jblog carnivals, but that's it.  And when I send to lists, I "BCC" the list so people can't "farm" them for email addresses.


Thanks


PS If any of you jbloggers have lists of other jbloggers, could you please help me out?  thanks again

4 comments:

Keli Ata said...

This is a long shot but I've done it before and it has worked:

Do a system retore. As long as the list was saved, a system restore might fix everything. Just restore your computer to a date when you last recall having the lists.

It can be reversed if it doesn't work.

Just go the Start, all programs, accesories, system tools and system restore.

Hope it helps:)

System restore has bailed me more than a few times lol.

Batya said...

Keli, the problem is yahoo, not outlook. yahoo isn't saved in the computer if I'm not mistaken, but thanks.

Keli Ata said...

OT but you might want to consider switching to another email provider. I had terrible problems with Yahoo. It was hacked and every time I signed in I kept getting "Welcome Jaylene."

No clue who Jaylene was and I never used that screen name in Yahoo chat. Yahoo even made me change my password because there was very suspicious activity on my account.

AOL offers free email and they're very secure. You might want to consider that, once you get your email lists back.

Batya said...

I do have other accounts, providers etc. I always like using yahoo more than gmail, and I can't count on Outlook. We'll survive this, too.