Hamas War

Saturday, October 13, 2007

"Yetzer Haraa*" Bag

This crossposted on Arutz 7

I really ought to bring a "yetzer haraa bag" to work. That's my solution to the distractions stealing my students' attention from my ....ok, not always the most interesting... English lessons.

The big problem is the cellphone. You'd think these teenage boys were top surgeons or rescue experts, the way they insist on being able to answer the phones during the lessons. I've tried all sorts of tricks, threats and punishments. Sometimes after a lesson I'd drop a few phones in the office, hoping the principal would punish the little darlings.

But now I have a totally new technique. I offer to take their "yetzer haraa" out of their hands for the lesson, no punishment, just for their protection. It would be nice to have a nice bag which a could take around the room and smiling sweetly, offer to do them a favor and take care of their phones, Driving "Theory" booklets and whatever ever else is drawing their minds away from my lesson. I'm sure that starting the lesson with such a pleasant routine would increase their concentration.

I think we could all use a "yetzer haraa bag" to keep temptation away.

Actually, I'd love to give one to US President Bush. Now think about it. Are things going all that great in the USA? The dollar has dropped and is at par with the Canadian one. Medical care is outrageously, unhealthily expensive. And what's Bush's, and many of his recent predecessors' great yetzer haraa? Making "peace" in the Middle East. Why doesn't he do something constructive for his own people?

Honestly, there's nothing more dangerous for us Israelis than "peace talks." They increase terrorism. Besides that, peace, true peace, won't/can't be achieved by Israel's trying to be nice and giving the terrorists our Land. Peace isn't a product that can be bought. True peace comes from G-d.

"Hu Oseh Shalom" G-d Makes Peace.

Shavua Tov

*evil inclination

2 comments:

Hokule'a Kealoha said...

I need one of those bags too...

Batya said...

Don't we all!