Hamas War

Monday, October 29, 2007

Rally for the Teachers

Today, instead of teaching six lessons, I only taught two because of the demonstration. The afternoon classes after 2:30 were cancelled so we could attend the demonstration. This time it was in Jerusalem, near the Knesset, since there were important meeting about education at the time.

I took some great pictures, but photobucket isn't uploading them as quickly as it should.

Besides all the speeches there was a lot going on.

A man had a sign saying:
I'm hunger-striking for the sake of my grandchildren.


I asked him if he's really doing it. He said, "yes." He's a school principal; his children are university graduates, and he's worried about his grandchildren.

Nearby, some women were selling big rolls and said that they could make more money selling the rolls than teaching.

pictures later

No comments: