Hamas War

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Preparing For Pesach--Is There A "Rabbis' Sons" CD?


Way back when in the middle to late 1960's, some of the greatest Jewish Music was composed to the Jewish Prayers, Psalms and especially "Hallel." I'm not referring to Rabbli Shlomo Carlebach. I'm talking about "The Rabbis' Sons."


Over the years, my husband has bought all sorts of Jewish Music CD's, but theirs is the one I really want.


Every year at the seder table, when we get up to "Hallel," and every month, on Rosh Chodesh, when my friends and I sing "Hallel" at Tel Shiloh, I do my best to remember their tunes I heard all those decades ago.
Time distorts, and there's no way my memory can be relied on, just like the old LP's up in the attic can no longer be played.
Ahh... I can dream....

4 comments:

Keli Ata said...

Hi again Batya lol. I left the link to the MostlyMusic.com web site that has several Rabbis Sons CD, including the Greatest Hits CD.

The CD costs about $12 but individual songs can be purchased for dowload at $1.50 (US).

Here are the songs on the Greatest Hits CD

Hallelu
Tov LeHodos
Horachaman Hu Yanchileinu
Mi Haish
Vahaveinu
Hoiso Li
Lecha Hashem
Rabos Machshavos
Kavei
Ki Nicham
Hu Elokeinu
Rabbi Akiva

There's another Rabbis Son album, available only on cassette, called Kinvu.

Songs include:

Venizkeh
Kol Neshama
Shomer Yisrael
Od Yishoma
Kulam Ahuvim
Al Tira
Umacha
Hu Asher Diber
Layehudim
Hashem Moldei Rachamim
Ki Vesimcha
Rabbos Machshavos Medley

(there are a few other songs/CD on the site, too)


If you click on the Greatest Hits CD you'll be able to hear clips of the invidual songs, to be sure you're buying what you want.

Keli Ata said...

oops, I meant I left the link on Eye of the Storm and Israel Beat.

Batya said...

Thanks, I didn't see the cd, only the downloads.

Salvation Rose said...

my music is the new song of songs called the Song of the lamb; as I am the lost sheep of Israel who rises in the name of Jedidiah: as the Son of David;

Thee Unicorns http://www.myspace.com/
theholyunicorns