Hamas War

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Who Reads This Blog?

I've been rather surprised at where my blog-reading audience is. It seems that I don't have too manyfans in Great Britain and Canada, but look at this (according to the last month):

Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
13676
Germany
2409
Israel
2341
France
1506
Ukraine
549
Canada
517
Japan
343
United Kingdom
261
Hong Kong
260
Romania
204

And here's for the week:

Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
2455
Israel
458
Germany
269
France
211
Japan
181
Canada
104
Ukraine
78
Spain
76
United Kingdom
67
Hong Kong
40

Why is Shiloh Musings so unpopular in Great Britain? Does anyone have a clue? And how can I increase my readership in general? Thanks!

11 comments:

Neshama said...

Have you commented on any British blogs? Advertised your articles from A7 on British blogs? Of course if this is permissible and possible?

Garnel Ironheart said...

Success is random. I've been around since 2007 and still barely get 100 hits a day and maybe a couple of comments per post. Another blogger from the UK I follow started up a couple of years ago and gets 50 comments each post. Who knows.

Marcel Cousineau said...

Don't let the Wizard behind the curtains discourage you.

They easily manipulate the numbers and the countries if they don't like your message.

It is rigged against Israel and their supporters.
No doubt you are getting some readers from the UK, they just aren't listing them.

vincent said...

There is a reader in Holland

Batya said...

Thanks. It is good to know. It is interedting how msny from countries where English is nor an official language.

Anonymous said...

Here's one regular reader from Brazil!! (bound for Aliyah in ca. 2 months).
Congrats for your articles& keep up the good job!
R. Halevy

Batya said...

Wow! Thanks for checking in here. How did you first find my blog?

LondonMale said...

I do not know why.

But my guess is that many of the audience you speak to, the Religious Zionist viewpoint, have already made Aliyah from the UK?

Check your page views from Ra'anana, Netanya, Ramat Bet Shemesh and Modi'n Ilit :)

Batya said...

I can't get that specific in the stats. I'm glad that the blog is read in so many countries, and I do blog elsewhere with the same posts.

LondonMale said...

Batya

I am making a joke. I guess my use of a colon followed by a bracket did not translate well as I hoped, to represent a smile?

I make a genuine point that many of the people from the UK whom would naturally be your audience have already made Aliyah, but I make a jokey list of a few places in Israel that have a particular resonance for Olim from the UK.

I think in general that UK Jews are less politically intense than Israeli and American Jews. That is my experience. We are less inclined to protest and start campaigns, or be very involved in blogs etc. We are more of an understated type of Jew. I think some of the British "Reserve" type of character has rubbed off on us. Do not mistake this for apathy, but we seem to pick our battles rather than be at the coal face day in day out.

Sandra said...

I'm your British fan. I read both your blogs most days or play catchup if I'm busy!