- Unfortunately the Iron Dome gives people the feeling that nothing will harm them and then they take risks they shouldn't.
- Unfortunately the Iron Dome isn't 100% effective.
- Unfortunately the Iron Dome is relied upon as if it is an offensive weapon, which it isn't.
- Unfortunately the Iron Dome is defensive only and has no positive influence on the Arab Hamas Gazan enemy.
- Unfortunately the Iron Dome just encourages the terrorists to produce and fire more deadly rockets at us in order to give the "misses" more weight.
DEFENSE IS NOT OFFENSE
This is something our tech-crazy Defense Minister Ehud Barak frequently forgets.
Defense protects us, but only offense will destroy the enemy.
On the good side, we have G-d and history:
We're soon going to be celebrating the Holiday of Chanukah, an example of how we Jews, a small nation and country with minimal fighting force defeated the mighty ancient Greeks.
Maccabees, annoyed, in unison: What does “hard” have to do with it?And who are today's enemies? We have many, especially because I include those who find all sorts of excuses to support Hamas, Arab terrorists and the faux fake Palestinians.
Fortunately for us, the Maccabees were not discouraged by difficulty. If they had been, the Hellenists would have won, and Judaism would have disappeared. Not only would there be no Chanukah, but there would be no Judaism and no Jews.
The Maccabees, dedicated to an ideal and undaunted by difficulty, are indeed worthy Jewish role models. The world’s highest pole-vaulter has nothing on them!
We must never give up. The more determined we are, the more strength and miracles G-d will give us to achieve victory over our enemies.