Hamas War

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It Looks Like "From The Nazis"

A couple of years ago, I subscribed to "Pat Oliphant by Pat Oliphant." I love political cartoons.

When I was a kid, the only newspaper we ever got was the The New York Times. For me, the "Sunday funnies" were the political cartoons in The News of the Week in Review.

The Oliphant cartoons arrived by email a couple of times a week. On occasion, I really liked what I saw. That ended today. I unsubscribed, and I wrote a letter to the "service" explaining why:
I'm unsubscribing from Pat Oliphant for a reason.
Pat Oliphant's March 25th cartoon could be from the Nazis. It's anti-Semitic. Why hasn't he drawn cartoons of the Arab terrorists murdering innocent Israeli Jews?
Batya Medad
Shiloh
Israel



Did I over-react?

12 comments:

Risa Tzohar said...

You absolutely did not over-react!
I would have done the same thing if I were subscribed!!!!

Batya said...

It's frightening to think how much people hate us.

Hadassa DeYoung said...

Shalom!
No.
Most of the world has absolutely no clue concerning what the situation in Gaza is today and has been over the past couple thousand years. Being as most people don't know and don't care trying to explain the facts to them just confuses them. The comparisons between Gaza and the Warsaw Ghetto are just ludicrous.
Hadassa

rickismom said...

Not at all!

Batya said...

Hadassa, you're so right.

thanks, rickismom

I just saw that others are picking up the story.

Anonymous said...

The right thing to do.

Yeshalem Hashem se'charech - u'le'havdil - secharo.

Batya said...

Shy, many of my readers don't know Hebrew and don't know what you're referring to. So, could you please give a simple translation. Thanks and Chodesh Tov!

Anonymous said...

Translation:

May G-d grant you, Batya, your reward (for your good deed) and - in contrast - his (Oliphant's) reward (for his hatred of Jews).

This story is now covered at the Jerusalem Post.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely not!

I saw that picture and said Oy va voy

Batya said...

Shy, thanks. After I posted about it, I saw that it was getting noticed.

a' yes, not good at all.

Anonymous said...

Now being discussed at Hot Air.

Batya said...

Thanks, Shy, I read hot air.
I consider the cartoon anti-semitic also because there was never any anti-terrorist cartoon about all the missiles and rockets the Arabs launch at Israel. The fact that he ignores it and makes it look like the Arabs are innocent shows his hatred of Israel and Jews.