Hamas War

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

We're the "David"

It's rare for me to see CNN, even when it's available, but yesterday when I was babysitting for my granddaughter in Ofra, it was the only channel that looked interesting from their limited selection.

A high percentage of their broadcast is "commercials" for their upcoming programs. The one that piqued my interest was "G-d's Warriors." The visuals of the ad were very interesting.

First there is the theme of the "cross," "star" and "crescent." Very artistic. But even more interesting were the pictures of "soldiers" of the various religions. The Muslims and Christians were pictures as armies of warriors, while, in strong contrast, we saw lone Jews. You had a young man praying with his T'fillin on and you had Christiane Amanpour walking in an agricultural setting with white-haired Yehuda Etzion; I'm pretty sure it was him. One against the many.

I'm sure the show will be full of inaccuracies, but I can't get over the fact that they consider us so powerful.

One religious, Land of Israel-loving Jew can defeat the Muslim and Christian masses!

Let's use this power.

Chodesh Elul Tov!

No comments: