Hamas War

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Museum of Jewish Heritage

I saw three Jewish Museums during my recent visit to New York. Two of them are new ones, at least for me.

For the past few years, one of my daughters has been urging me to get to the Museum of Jewish Heritage, insisting that it's extraordinary. So this visit, my friend and I met at a subway stop and traveled downtown together. It's at Battery Park, south of my usual Manhattan hangouts.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
First of all, the view from there is extraordinary, and I could have spent the whole time admiring and photographing it. Since we had begun our visit at the restaurant, we didn't see the exhibits in "the right order." Actually it was a good thing.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We saw the main exhibit last, and that was the one I liked the least. It was terribly noisy, due to multiple audio exhibits too close to each other. Multiple-audio stimuli, like having the TV and radio on simultaneously in the same room drive me crazy. OK, I'm hypersensitive, but I'm not the only one who finds it impossible to concentrate and relax under those circumstances.

If we had gone there first, I most probably would have had insisted on leaving the museum without seeing the rest of it. But the rest of the exhibits were much better, and I really enjoyed it.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Put the museum on your "to see in New York" list!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: