Hamas War

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Don't Get Me Wrong. I'm Glad Gilad Shalit Will Be Freed, BUT...

Yes, that big "pregnant" "but..."  The  word "but" is loaded with all sorts of meanings and connotations.

None of us who oppose the deal the Israeli government agreed to wants Gilad Shalit to remain in the Arab terror prison.  Please don't put words in our mouths nor read what we didn't say into our articles.  Most of us believe that if the Shalit family and the Israeli Government had campaigned better and negotiated more wisely, Gilad would have had been released a long time ago at a much safer price.  Attorney Yitzchak Heimowitz brings up some good points in his article.

If we can trust the media, the terrorists who are to be released "stage one" have already left their cells, and Gilad Shalit is being detoxed prepared in Egypt for his return home.

There's neither justice, nor Jewish values or morality in the freeing of Arab terrorists, like Ahlam Tamimi, while Jewish patriots remain in Israeli jails

I hate to say this, but it reminds me of Jonathan Pollard's disproportionate jail sentence.  Pollard was never a media darling, like Gilad Shalit's family. The Israeli Government turned him into the Americans, and American Jewry found him an embarrassment.

Now for a couple of points: 
  • Until Gilad Shalit is home, safe and healthy, I don't consider it a "done deal." 
  • I do wish Gilad a good, safe and healthy life.
  • I pray that all of my fears and predictions about the dangers to Israel and the Jewish world by the released Arab terrorists are incorrect.
I pray that I'm wrong.  Yes, you can quote me on that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://a-farbrengen.blogspot.com/2011/10/shalit-deal-disgraceful-and-deadly.html

Batya said...

pray

Anonymous said...

BLESSINGS shiloh musings and a blessed succot.
today i read at shiratdevorah blog that shalit's father said inshallah he will be safe. i cant understand why he did not say, Baruch Hashem. as a noahide i feel very disappointed, that the chosen people, of Hashem, at this critical point in their lives can use such terms. why do jews who are a light to all nations, bring us gentiles out of idlolatry to acknowledge the one and only Creator , Hashem, but they themselves or atleast the father, use a foreign term. its very disappointing and forgive me for saying this, but it shows to me a gross lack of gratitude to Hashem and the jewish people who may be future victims.

Batya said...

noahide, please don't forget that we all have free will. We're not perfect and we make mistakes. The Shalit family isn't a Torah observant one. They don't live by Torah Law. They're ignorant of it. They make their own rules. The same goes for most Jews. They think they're correct and moral.

Keliata said...

Until Gilad Shalit is home, safe and healthy, I don't consider it a "done deal."
I do wish Gilad a good, safe and healthy life.
I pray that all of my fears and predictions about the dangers to Israel and the Jewish world by the released Arab terrorists are incorrect."


Amen.

Batya said...

Yes, thanks, good to agree.