Hamas War

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Post- Passover Blog Round Up

Since many Jewish and Israeli bloggers have woken from their Passover hibernation, there are some interesting blog posts out there in the cyber world of Jewish blogging. Visit, enjoy, comment and share.

There's no real order to this, and I'm just posting blog post titles, without indicating which blogs they come from. And I didn't even count how many posts there are. Enjoy...

WHY THIS PESACH WAS DIFFERENT FROM ALL OTHERS….
Commandments
Pishers' Guide to Jerusalem #28, Machane Yehuda WC, Fright at First Sight
Dead Gaza journalist was an experienced high resolution drone operator and Hamas sympathizer (update)
the sale of chametz has to be taken seriously
Recipe for Knaidlach-Incredible Story from the Bais Halevy
Gush Shiloh, Grape-Growing Center of World
Raising Quirky Kids
Sewing the Seeds of Love
Synagogues in the Hotel Area of Jerusalem
Nirtza
Palestinian Chutzpah Magnificently Encapsulated in One Story

Whoever says that blogging is a dead art/sport/social media format is 100% wrong. The only thing that has gotten weaker is the feeling of community we once had. That's a shame, and that's why I continue with these periodic roundups.

PS I'm always interested in meeting new blogs, so if you have any to recommend, please let me know in the comments, thanks.

6 comments:

Devo Kessin said...

I'm definitely missing the Kosher Cooking Carnival and even JPix (now that I'm not doing 52Frames any more). Maybe we should think about reviving them.

Batya said...

That would be nice but the bloggers of today don't act like community. It's rare to see comments and links. We should talk

Mr. Cohen said...

Blogging is not dead, but over the past
five years, around half the Jewish blogs
have become abandoned and inactive.

I wish that the Jewish ex-bloggers
would have given their blogs to me,
instead of completely abandoning them.

The most likely causes of blog-death
seem to be boredom, lack of monetary
rewards, and social media web sites,
like: MySpace and FaceBook.

=====================================
Was Daniel an Orthodox Jew?

https://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2018/03/if-daniel-were-alive-today.html

=====================================
Was Isaiah an Orthodox Jew?

https://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2018/03/if-isaiah-were-alive-today.html

=====================================
Was Ezekiel an Orthodox Jew?

https://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2018/03/if-ezekiel-were-alive-today.html

=====================================
Was Jeremiah an Orthodox Jew?

https://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2018/03/if-jeremiah-were-alive-today.html

=====================================
Was Ezra an Orthodox Jew?

https://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2018/03/if-ezra-were-alive-today.html

=====================================
Was Nehemiah an Orthodox Jew?

https://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2018/04/if-nehemiah-were-alive-today.html

Neshama said...

Mr Cohen, I believe it takes ‘belief in the message’ that keeps a blog going. I’ve been posting for several years and do not care about the ‘monetary rewards’.

Batya said...

Some bloggers began blogging on the mainstream sites. There have been attempts to organize, but I don't see it helping. I still love the freedom it gives me.
Every time I think of stopping someone says how much they enjoy my articles.

rutimizrachi said...

Glad that you are still doing HH, Batya, and that you are still blogging. I am blogging intermittently, but have no plans to stop, regardless of the lack of a paycheck (which I was never anticipating, in any case). But Mr. Cohen's words resonate: I do find it very easy to post something short on Facebook, when I don't have a long post to write. Because it's easy for readers, it often gets read faster than my blog posts do. And, b"H, I'm busy with Book #2 and a family simcha.

I also miss the Jblogging Community of the olden days. Not sure how to revive it, but I have some great memories. I think part of the problem is that we were a smaller community back then. Now "4,000 of my best friends" all blog on Times of Israel and elsewhere. Hard to keep up with the reading and commenting, AND living a full and vibrant life here in the Holy Land.