Hamas War

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Building The Jewish People The HH Way

My husband and a neighbor are watching one of the Holocaust Memorial shows on Israeli TV right now.  But I'm here in the den, at the computer trying to comprehend how our Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu can make such great speeches but awful policy decisions.  Soon after I came home from work X2 (two jobs today) I heard his excellent speech, but it was just a speech.  I don't believe in talking; I like action.

On Shabbat I read Barbara Sofer's 63 + 1 reasons she loves Israel.  I'm not going to get started on doing those lists.  I'll give you a couple of other feel good reasons about the state of The Jewish People today. 

One is that it's getting more and more common, here in Israel at least, for couples of all different Jewish ethnic groups, like Yemenites, Ashkenazim, Syrians, Ethiopian, Tunisians etc to marry.  All those differences based on our wanderings all over the world are being blurred.  We're all Jews and that's all that counts.

Another thing that makes me feel good is the heterogeneous Havel Havelim.  Jbloggers (Jewish bloggers) from all over the world and all different outlooks contribute and get to know each other.  These two examples break barriers between fellow Jews, and that's good. 

So, if you didn't get the hint yet, take a look at Frume Sarah's Havel Havelim, and spread the word about it.  It's a good word. 

Have a Wonderful Week One and All
Shavua Tov!

2 comments:

Yonatan said...

Our entire religion is based on actions. Our greatest leaders were great because of what they did. Stop talking and start doing. Am Yisrael Chai!

sri @ Scaffolding chennai said...

I saw all article its really reasonable good keep it up. The article is good reasonable fine. All the best for your success.