Hamas War

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The United States, A Fair-Weather Friend

Israeli politicians, media and ordinary citizens should take a good look at the American track record of abandoning friends.  It could happen here, too.

I'm a pragmatist.  It's not that I'm looking for trouble, but when trouble is on its way I like to be ready and not taken by surprise.  I'd love to be wrong, but it doesn't happen all that often.  This blog isn't one of the more popular political pundit blogs, but I keep on writing.  I keep on blogging.  I do my best to get my message across.

Considering that I don't trust the United States, it's pretty clear that I don't trust the United Nations, Europe or the New York Times.

There are also few politicians here in Israel whom I trust.  I consider the best Israeli political party to be the National Union.  The Mattot Arim report on Israeli MK's (members of Knesset) make it pretty obvious.  The biggest faux right wing party is Avigdor Lieberman's.  His MK's have the lowest scores of all the Right and Center-Right parties.

But back to the USA...

We should never forget that the United States Department of State opposed recognizing the Jewish State at the United Nations, November 29, 1947.  Since then things haven't gotten much better.  Israel is not treated as a friend, and with Barack Hussein Obama as president, things can only get worse.

Israel must only do what's good for Israel and not worry about getting approval from others.  We must be strong and truly independent.

2 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
I just read that Obama is backing the Muslim Brotherhood. Need anyone say more?

Batya said...

OK, we know that Obama doesn't know/care, but do ordinary Americans have a clue?