Hamas War

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

...by the way...

My neighbor just came by a few minutes ago to remind me that we have a "T'hilim" (psalms) session this morning. And then she said: by the way, "atzru oti" yesterday. Now in Hebrew that has a few meanings, and one of them is "I was arrested." So obviously I got very concerned. "What happened?" I asked her. "Atzru otanu b'sivuv she'arim." They arrested us, (I understood) at the Cirlcing of the Gates. I asked for details and then understood that she meant the other meaning, the less serious: "They stopped us from cirlcing the gates of the Old City, and they arrested the leader."

So that's another bit of news you won't find in most newspapers, and I don't remember seeing it on Arutz 7, but I wasn't online all day at home, so I may have missed things.

Off to read from King David who was persued and persecuted by King Saul. As King Solomon wrote frequently, "Ain chadash," there's nothing new.

No comments: