Hamas War

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Perspectives

It's rare for me to agree with Ehud Olmert, but he has a very good point when he says: "Livni also responsible for war's outcome."

That's for sure. For some peculiar reason, Tzipi Livni has been wearing the Teflon in his government. Polls show her to be very popular. I never liked her. Until recently, I couldn't put my finger on it, but ever since Sharon's Disengagement bombshell, Livni has been proving herself cold, heartless and totally ambitious. Caroline Glick says it well here.

And about being "fair," there are a number of Jewish neighborhoods in Jerusalem in which Arabs are now renting and buying apartments. I'm not going to go into all the reasons, but it's legal. None of the Jews who sold their apartments have been arrested etc. And the Jewish neighbors haven't attacked them, nor called the media and foreign diplomats to protest the invasion of Arabs.

Contrast it to what is happening to the former Arab owners of the building in Hebron, which is now owned by Jews.
Arabs Who Sold Home to Hebron Jews Arrested, Face Death Penalty
Where are the outcries from the international and Israeli civil rights groups?

1 comment:

YMedad said...

On August 13, 2006 she said this (source: CNN)- "I am not naive. I am not only familiar with what's going on in this country. I know what's going on in the Middle East. And not every -- I know that not every resolution is indeed implemented, but despite this I say with full security that the U.N. Security Council resolution is a good one for Israel. Everything -- a great deal depends on the implementation of the resolution and that is the responsibility of Prime Minister Siniora of Lebanon, and of the international community."

Well, actually she is naive as that resolution is practically a dead letter, only helped push Israel further down the drain when France kept threatening to shoot down our planes, and today we just had another shooting incident