Hamas War

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

JIB, voting

I'm not sending out emails to everyone begging or even politely asking for votes in JIB. I'm not even sure for how many and which categories my blogs, me-ander and Shiloh Musings, have been nominated. I don't think they're competing against each other, Baruch Hashem. But I do know that they're competing against some of my own favorites.

Of course, I'd be flattered and pleased to get votes, and I hope that I won't come in dead last, which happened to me the first year.

Besides an ego trip and sparkly graphics for the sidebar, there is no real prize. For me the best prize would be more regular readers, especially those who comment--even if you disagree with what I've written-- and quote/link me in your own posts.

Unless something earth-shattering happens, I won't be mentioning the competition again, bli neder. OK, I know that halachikly we're supposed to say the "bli neder" before the statement. But this isn't the "real world," is it? We're in the cyberworld, with our virtual newspapers and magazines, where anybody with internet access can join the medium and become instant stars and pundits.

Just enjoy it, please, and don't take it all so seriously. Too many visits to the cemetery and mourners recently remind me that it's not a life and death issue.

Chag Atzma'ut Sameach

No comments: