Hamas War

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

About the banner

Just a few words about the banner...

As you know, ~Sarah's View~ did the graphics on my new banner. I sent her two photos and some text. Choosing the photos was difficult for me. I needed photos with a strong Shiloh theme which somehow illustrate my "musings," those hard to define essays, rants and quips you read here on this blog.

No one picture fit the bill. I've always loved that flag photo I took at the second Avihu Chai March from Shiloh to Jerusalem. You can see the flags dancing. It was one of the most thrilling events in my life.

Unfortunately, after Disengagement and the Government's exiling, expelling loyal Jewish-Israeli citizens from their homes, the flag is tarnished in our eyes. That's why the second picture seemed so appropriate. It was taken at a women's anti-Disengagement T'hillim, psalm saying session held in the Beit Medrash L'Noar, Youth Torah Study Center, established in memory of two Shiloh teens murdered in terror attacks by Arabs. Avi Siton, hay"d, and Shmuel Yerushalmi, hay"d, were best friends and murdered just a few weeks apart.

Written on the orange shirt shirt:
יהודי לא מגרש יהודי
A Jew Doesn't Expel a Jew!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new look!

Batya said...

Thanks! Tell Sarah!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new look! So much easier to read, and the different text colors look so good on the white background!

Batya said...

I agree.

How's KCC doing?