Hamas War

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Chanukah 5775 Havel Havelim!


It's the fifth night of Chanukah, and I hope that everyone is having a totally wonderful Holiday.
Havel Havelim is the weekly international Jewish blog carnival that has been appearing well over a decade. It was begun by Soccer Dad who no longer blogs. He coordinated it for quite a while. Now we use our facebook page to coordinate and publicize it. That's where we sign up to host an edition (Hint! Hint!) and see the latest news. Join the page and become part of the community.
Next week's host is Paula, who blog on A Soldier's Mother and Paula Says along with her Times of Israel blog and Arutz 7 and probably more... Please send her links from your own blog or any others from this week, to paula@writepoint.com.
And just before presenting you with the posts of the week, I'd like to remind you to visit, comment and of course share, thanks.
Remember, you don't have to be a blogger to participate, read, share, Havel Havelim!!
Now on with the show!

Paula tells the story behind Herzl's Zionism, Theodore Herzl's - The Menorah
Tzivia's Hebrew progress: Trivial pursuit? Humiliating Hebrew fail. It reminds me of the most difficult word in the first Chapter of "Elef Milim," the Hebrew Textbook popular in late 1960's. It was אוטובוס.
Here's a Hebrew progress story from olim even newer than Tzivia Language Barriers
Gail gives us the story of The Siebenberg House
Sharon shows us Ready for Hanukkah or Chanukah in Jerusalem. No doubt it's part one, since I spotted her at the Mamilla Mall celebrations last week.
Shiloh Musings: Chanukah! It Happened Right Here!
From Seraphic Secret The Old-New Chanukah War 2014
Ester and Chanukah Jewish Pride
Sha'i Ben-Tekoa brings us The Euro-Mind at Work
My very full Day Three of Chanukah - Football! And The Shuk/Shuq
By Yael Shahar The Great Hanukkah Cover-up: self-censorship and national survival
A miracle for Yocheved, B"H,  The Surprise Ending to a Medical Moment
Here's the monthly Jewish Book Carnival December 2014
Something stinks, I think: Alan Gross Released by Cuba While Jonathan Pollard Still Jailed
Ora at the Muqata Wanted: Dead, Alive or Hebrew
Walk Through the Parsha YOU MAY SAY I'M A DREAMER
JewishIsrael JewishIsrael’s Counter-Missionary of the Month Award Goes to Missionary Cody Archer
Doug A hike along the Alexander River
A Sad Chanukah for Hadassa Chanukah Tears
Ruti sees a show Oh, my stars!!! What a performance!
My anti-bus reform activism Bus Protest at Benjamin Regional Council, Psagot
Rickismom does some touring Finally, some photos from My Last Trip
The Jewish Libertarian Feiglin Drops Out, and Why I am Now $100 Richer
Rabbi Reuven Spolter and the education balagan What Do The Coming Elections in Israel Mean in the Real World?
Reesa's World A Wake Up Call


Just a reminder. Havel Havelim is the weekly International Jewish blog carnival, that means "round-up" of blog posts, or magazine, which is made up of blog posts for your reading pleasure. Please share it and read, comment and share the various posts, too. And if you're a blogger who would like to host one, just sign up on ourfacebook page, or let me know, if you're not on facebook. Next week will be hosted by Tzivia, Adventures in Aliyahland Send links to Tzivia@tzivia.com with a one-line description of your post's contents.

Remember, you don't have to be a blogger to participate, read, share, Havel Havelim!!

5 comments:

rutimizrachi said...

Thank you so much for doing this, and for including my post. I was on the road, and couldn't send anything.

Vaguely Sinister Wife said...

Thank you for including my Hanukkah musings Batya, and kol hakavod for a job well done! Hag Orim Sameah to you and to the Jewish blogger family!

Batya said...

Ruti, Yael, thank you!

Rickismom said...

My husband is in the hospital and I didn't think of sending in to HH. Thanks so much for including me!

Batya said...

Rm, refuah shleimah!
I go over my blog rolls and try to include my "friends" and posts I like. Yours hit both categories.