Bennett-Lapid, that's NRP aka Jewish Home and Yesh Atid (There's a Future,) which negotiated together, even though those parties' voters disagree about almost everything.
The Jewish Home and Yesh Atid parties have entered into a strategic alliance and notified Likud-Beytenu coalition negotiators that the two parties will either enter the government together or retire to the oppositionStuck on You's" premise that non-identical twins could be co-joined. When you add the crucial fact that neither of those politicians had any real experience in politics, on the inside, it is no surprise that they, especially Lapid, has been the source of coalition problems for Bibi.
Cabinet, coalition members have a responsibility to the Prime Minister. Their being ministers doesn't give them the freedom to do whatever they want. Netanyahu has the perfect right to put conditions of what his Finance Minister can propose and promote.
During the meeting, Netanyahu told Lapid that the coalition cannotas long as Lapid and members of his Yesh Atid party constantly attack the government of which they themselves are members.
The Prime Minister then set five to Lapid that he must meet in order for the coalition to continue functioning:
- To stop attacking the coalition, including his criticism of Israel’s construction in Jerusalem and its relationship with the.
- To transfer 6 billion shekels to the defense budget for training purposes, as well as for development of Iron Dome systems and armored personnel.
- To release the budget for the IDF’s move to the Negev as previously agreed. On Sunday, Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon froze the project, saying the Treasury had reneged on its promise to transfer the funds.
- To support Netanyahu’s version of the Jewish, based on the principles presented by the Prime Minister at Sunday’s cabinet meeting.
- To freeze the 0% VAT bill that Lapid has been trying to pass. (Arutz 7)
|Bibi in the Center|
not in control
Do it Right, this time Bibi. Go Right!