Hamas War

Friday, February 20, 2009

Does This Make You Feel Better?


Honestly, I don't. I don't want Bibi as Centrist. I don't want Left nor Center as Israeli Prime Minister.

I don't want the incompetent opportunists in Kadima either.

I wish that the National Union had gotten lots more seats, so that Bibi would really need them. As is Moledet's Uri Bank just missed getting in. Ketzeleh campaigned well, but will he be effective as an MK?

Ketzeleh signed an agreement that if he's a minister he'd resign from the Knesset to give Bank the seat. That would be great, because it would increase the power of Ichud Le'umi.

It's minutes to Shabbat.

We must pray for rain.
And we also must pray that G-d will gift our political leaders with wisdom.

4 comments:

Shimon said...

"I wish that the National Union had gotten lots more seats, so that Bibi would really need them."

If only they could have teamed up with the NRP and really made that happen. Oh wait they could have...

Batya said...

Shimon, sorry, not so. They tried "teaming up with the NRP," and we got nothing. The NRP dominated. Fewer people would have voted if they had stayed together.

NRP is centrist by Nature and would love to be part of the coalition. That's their strong principle/ideology.

Personally, I don't support relgious parties. I believe it's most important to have an Israeli-Jewish party for all Jews who support Jewish rights in the Land of Israel.

Shimon said...

It seems highly doubtful that we will ever be able to have a single Israeli-Jewish party for all Jews. The infighting will certainly torpedo any attempt.

Batya said...

human nature...

I consider NU more inclusive than NRP.