Hamas War

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Shiloh Looking Up

It's late summer, and Shiloh is till beautiful.  I consider it beautiful each and every season.  The longer we're here, the more I love it.  I find myself more and more connected with our ancient past.  At times I can feel part of the life here thousands of years ago.
Shiloh is/was very firmly connected to our ancient Biblical history.  Shiloh was the location of transition.  It was time for the period of the Judges to end.  Chana knew that, and she prayed that she ould have a son, a special son who would act to change the way the tribes were governed.
Now in Shiloh, I pray for leadership for the Jew People!

3 comments:

Keli Ata said...

Amen.

Beautiful, beautiful post:) Shabbat Shalom.


Shiloh is indeed beautiful--clear blue sky, houses on the hilltop and biblically you're absolutely right.

And I have always loved the book of Samuel--compassion for Chana when Penina was so mean to her. Admiration for Eli for being compassionate to her. Hashem for blessing her with the child she so desired.

I always felt kind of sad though when Hashem says He wishes the people didn't ask for an earthly king but relied on Him as king.

Batya said...

Thanks, Keli, I also am moved when G-d tells Shmuel that he shouldn't take it personally that the people aren't listening to him, because the don't listen to G-d either.

Keli Ata said...

Yes! True.