Hamas War

Monday, March 16, 2015

Israeli Elections: Which Political Party is Really Best for the Future of the State of Israel?


Sometimes too many choices aren't good, and that is how I feel right now on the eve of the 5775, 2015 Israeli Elections. We're only in the middle of March, and as I write the year I wonder if we will end up with elections again really soon. Will they be 5775, 2015 or 5776, 2015 or 5776, 2016?

When I choose which party to vote for I choose by what should be best for the country, the State of Israel, its security, economy and future. I look at the economy in the "big picture," not how things may affect me personally.

I'm of the generation that heard United States President John F. Kennedy say:
"...ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."

I want to hear that from my Israeli political leaders. I have no respect for those promising cheap apartments in affluent neighborhoods, because that isn't good for the State of Israel.

I also want to hear Israeli politicians talking about the privilege of serving the country, whether as a soldier or in a special volunteer program. They shouldn't refer to these as burdens or for "suckers."

I'm an old-fashioned Israeli patriot and I'm proud of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


Old Fashioned with priceless values of Torah and Hashem.

That is the way to be.

Hashem is in control Thank G-d!


Be well Batya.
Am Israel Chai!!

Batya said...

Amen
Thanks
G-d willing we will weather this storm and enjoy the sun when it's over.