Hamas War

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Year in Review



The pictures are from the August 10 Nefesh B'Nefesh flight.

It's already the new year, 5767, and like many Israelis, I'm not very optimistic. This past year was just awful.

The good news is that we're still here, and olim chadashim, new immigrants are arriving. And the bad news is that not only is the government filled with incompetent, selfish politicians, but this summer's war, showed that the army isn't much better. Our soldiers are wonderful, and so are most of the people, but those giving the orders should be sent packing.

If there were elections tomorrow, I wouldn't know whom to vote for. The party I voted for the past few elections, ever since the demise of the T'chiya Party, has totally disappointed me. Yes, the Ichud Le'umi, the National Union, which was deserted by Avigdor Lieberman and his Yisrael Beiteinu Party, "divorced" him and "married" the National Religious Party. Considering how many of the NU leaders originated in the NRP, it seems like the Moledet contingent has been diluted to almost nothing.

Our nation is starving for leadership, and I don't see any coming from the National Union. I'm not at all comfortable with Lieberman. And I don't trust Bibi and his Likud to do what's necessary. Nobody is voicing the National Vision I'm dreaming of.

This is not a good way to start the new year.

Gmar Chatima Tovah

No comments: