Hamas War

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Taking advantage....

Oh, yes, we must never ignore opportunities...
This morning my husband was entertaining some BBC reporters, while I hid out here in the den by my trusty ol' pc.

Just before they left, he came to get me, so I'd be polite and say hello. So I went in, and the guy stationed here was very friendly commenting how much he likes coming out here, lovely view and all that, how we must be living here for the view...

And then I grabbed the opportunity and said:

Ahh, if you've notice the view, you've seen how empty it all his here. You can see the proof how the Arabs are lying about our stealing their homes, because they never had any homes here.
And another thing, when we first came here, every spring we had the most beautiful wildflowers, like an Oriental Carpet. They're very delicate, so once people walk on them they no longer come up. Not only here, but along the roads. The Arab agriculture you see now is all new. We used to have the most beautiful wild flowers growing all the way to Jerusalem.
And as long as you're looking at the views, you see our modest homes, take a look a the fancy mansions in the Arab villages...

...and they were out the door.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Batya,

You saw them coming. Very Good!

JTP

Batya said...

Thanks, I think I managed to give them enough in a minute.

Ezzie said...

Hehe. :)

Batya said...

I used to tell the reporters to stick their heads out the window to prove that the empty hills weren't painted murals.

YMedad said...

While I agree with my wife's thought, I think saying "mostly/manly empty" would have been better. After all, I road with them on the way back to Jerusalem and we could see the Arab villages all around. So I stressed that when talking about demography, you need to balance that with density as well and therefore, it's not a clear-cut "numbers" proposition. I also made the point that while they have been here as conquerers for 1300 years and the face of the country has remained the same, we have been here for three decades and have made a tremendous alteration in terms of building, agriculture, etc.

Anonymous said...

You could have told them that their terrorists and ours are the same sick 'pereh adam' (wild man), where pereh is the noun, not the adjective.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005520736,00.html