Hamas War

Monday, November 21, 2005

In a nutshell, ok, nut house

Politics here in Israel is like a nut house, and I can't sit here too long, so I'll give you my latest reading of it in a nutshell.

The big question is why is Arik Sharon starting another party?. He has already castrated the Likud and turned most of the politicians and Central committee into his puppets. What's the point? He's an old man. How much longer does he see himself active?

Maybe my mind is just too suspicious, but I can't help forgetting that Sharon and his supporters had thousands join the Likud. Those people are still members. Actually, I've been a member "forever," even though I stopped voting Likud since Menachem Begin gave the Sinai to Egypt and destroyed Yamit and the other communities there. You can be a member of a party without voting for it, or even respecting it.

That means that Sharon* can control two parties. One his custom-made new one, and two his customized old one. *When I mention Sharon I'm referring to his "organization," his sons and those who are involved with his planning and policies.

Besides the members, there are all the employees he has brought in. They're loyal to him.

So, the simple thing is that he can control, or strongly influence, the results of the race for Likud Party leader, even though he has left the party. He can get someone elected who either will make a coalition deal with him or will find other ways of completing the destruction of the party.

I don't think I need to elaborate further. You're not stupid.

1 comment:

Christian Prophet said...

Over on The Christian Prophet blog the Holy Spirit says Likud will still be a strong influence, but overall the situation will be weaker. Strangely, maybe as a teaching device, it is said that Jews might someday prefer living in Iraq.