Hamas War

Friday, June 10, 2016

So It'll Be Hillary versus Trump

Hillary Clinton is now the first woman to be in the running, barring anything unforeseen, as nominee for a major party for the Presidency of the United States. And if I'm not mistaken, Donald Trump is the first to be in the running, barring anything unforeseen, as nominee for a major party for the Presidency of the United States who isn't coming from a political, public service or military background, (at least in modern times re:Trump.)

photo credit

And unlike other nominees over the years, nobody is parve, neutral about these two. Either you love or hate one or the other or both...

Hillary has been in the news for decades, sort of overcooked, and I've liked her less and yes. Overcooked is the word, like how disgusting vegetables, especially green vegetables get when they are stewed forever. I don't like her policies and I don't like her as a person. I would have respected her more if she had thrown out her philandering Bill decades ago. But apparently their marriage is one of those unconventional ones, which somehow lasts. I don't trust her politically at all. She knows how to pick good speechwriters and deliver powerful speeches. Keep her on the stage performing, but don't take her seriously. She'll say anything for a vote and a headline.

Trump is also a good performer. Nobody is quite sure what his policies would be if elected. His personal life isn't any more classically "perfect" than Hillary's, but he has been more open about it. Ex-wives are pretty hard to hide, as are premarital photos of the present wife. He also has a knack to pick good staff, which is how he has made so much money on his mega building projects.

So, yes, they do have a lot in common and are similar ages.

But still, as an Israeli, I have no doubt that Hillary will be bad for Israel. And I have a feeling that Trump will try to stay clear besides the usual pally visits to meet the players here.

The next few months should be pretty entertaining. Hold onto your hats....

9 comments:

Sammy Finkelman said...

>> Donald Trump is the first to be in the running, barring anything unforeseen, as nominee for a major party for the Presidency of the United States who isn't coming from a political, public service or military background, (at least in modern times re:Trump.)

There was Wendell Wilkie in 1940.

There were also a judge who received the Democratic Party nomination - Alton B. Parker, who was Chief Judge of the New York State Court of Appeals (then an elected position) in 1904.

John W. Davis, icked on the 103rd ballot in 1924, had been a 1-term member of Congress from 1911 to 1913, Solicitor General of the United States and US Ambassador to the UK, founding President of the Council on Foreign Relations, a member of the National Advisory Council of the Crusaders (an organization that promoted the repeal of prohibition) Chairman of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, and a trustee of the Rockefeller Foundation.

Batya said...

Trump is a businessman and media personality.

batya said...

I can't get into my blogs on my friend's computer as me

Anonymous said...

There's only one choice here. But, we know that many (really dumb) Jews will vote for the same party and ask for another 4 to 8 yrs of the same. Whoever gets in, in the end, it's H' controlling (lev melachim b'yad H') which really means - it's all part of the geulah process.

Batya said...

So many people disagree....

billbillt said...

Of course it will be one of the two.. Did you have someone else in mind??..

Cindy said...

I have no idea who I'm voting for but whoever is elected, I'll know that G-d is still in control.

Keli Ata said...

I feel the same way Cindy does. I have no idea who I am voting for or even if I will be voting. It'll either be Bernie Sanders if he's on the ballot or I'll abstain or possibly do a write-in vote as a form of protest. Something along the lines of Bibi Netanyahu for president.

I'm serious. I don't see any viable options to vote for. America is in trouble.

Batya said...

No doubt for many it will be a negative vote, like not for the lier who caused the deaths of Americans...