Hamas War

Friday, June 6, 2008

Same Old Words


I don't know why people are getting all excited about what Obama has said about Jerusalem. It's the same old stuff all the candidates and elected presidents have spouted for the past forty years, at least.

None of it means anything. If American Presidential Candidates' words meant something, after being elected they would have recognized Jerusalem as our Capital City, and by now there would be a nice American Embassy here, instead of that insultingly embarrassing Consulate in East Jerusalem.
It's posturing, campaigning, useless hot air words.
Remember that most candidates will say and do anything to get elected. The combination of best speech-writers/pr/acting skills win. That's really it. It's not all that's different from the Beauty Pageant Business.
As I've written before, Obama's slogan "change" is brilliant. It says absolutely nothing and allows each listener to fill in the blanks to his/her wishes.
PS I've tried to have some influence on an Israeli politician, whom I trust, trying to explain that politics is a business, requiring certain techniques, which can increase chance of success. Olmert has those books memorized. The only way to defeat him is to use the techniques even better. But-- of course, nobody listens to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree :)

Batya said...

thanks
I wish I could trust those guys.