Hamas War

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Demonstrating Around Jerusalem!

Yes, I was there, at the "human chain" around the walled city of Jerusalem.

Considering that our soldiers are supposed to be loyal citizens, I guess you can count them in as demonstrators.

The kids, and there mostly were kids, including students where I teach. That's how I was able to attend. There was a school trip to the Old City of Jerusalem. That's what lots of schools and American year programs did. These kids seemed to be enjoying their moment of fame.
The organizers brought lots of flags.
Ironically, the 40 years since Jerusalem's liberation signs are still up.
The sign says: SDEROT HEROS-- We're With You
The police came well-equipped, but, B"H, I don't think they were used at all.


Here are some of the demonstrators.


Here are more. Disengagement is an open wound for many of us.
More demonstrators. As you can see, there were strings of Israeli flags and "golden" ones.
Personally, I'm glad I went as a "journalist," since I have a major problem with the entire campaign. The emphasis on Jerusalem, while ignoring Judea and Samaria is extremely dangerous to the viability of the State of Israel.


6 comments:

SuperRaizy said...

Thank you for the pictures! I wish I could have been there, too. :(
Just compare this beautiful, peaceful demonstration with the violent, out of control ones that are staged by, ahem, other parties to the conflict.

Batya said...

It was a nice demonstration, even though the weather was more like London.

KennewickMusing said...

Nice! I wish I'd been there!

:)

Batya said...

Some day, G-d willing.

benning said...

Great images! Nice to see there was no violence.

I agree with you: Jerusalem is important, but Judea and Samaria are more so. With out the land, wht use is a Capitol?

Batya said...

benning, thanks
You're right