Hamas War

Friday, October 4, 2013

Rosh Chodesh News

Today's the first day of Rosh Chodesh Cheshvan.  It sometimes happens that there are two days of Rosh Chodesh; one's the last day of the previous month and the second is the first day of the new one.  This Rosh Chodesh is one of those. 

It's a busy Friday.  First of all it's a Friday, so I'm busy getting read for Shabbat.  Second is that it's Rosh Chodesh, and I organize women's prayers at Tel Shiloh.  We had a nice crowd today including one woman who came from very far for the very first time for an "adventure."

 
 

And as a blogger, I've also taken responsibility for the international Jewish and Israeli bloggers carnival, Havel Havelim, which is hosted by Holy Sparks this week.  Read and share, please.  It has a number of blogs I'm not familiar with, which makes me happy.  Blogging is still alive and well.

HH isn't the only blog carnival I'm involved with.  There's the Kosher Cooking Carnival which I also run.  I was supposed to post the Cheshvan one today, but I don't feel it's ready.  I need to search for more posts.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who truly misses the brilliance and honesty of Latma's Tribal Update, which used to be my pre-Shabbat "fix."  Make due with reading the latest articles by Caroline Glick,   America and the good psychopaths, and Ruthie Blum,   'Grounds' for emigration

It's amazing how quickly the weather is changing.  The sky looked totally "Cheshvan," early winter this morning at Tel Shiloh.


That's it for now.

Chodesh Tov and Shabbat Shalom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Batya... Your postings are being read all over the world!!! Baruch HaShem!!! It is just so nice to see the Jewish women... You are such an example to all of us out here... Thank you for the pictures of The Land/The Women/Eretz Israel!!!

Batya said...

a, thank you so much for the appreciation; it is just what I needed for encouragement.