JBlog Carnival Updates, HH, KCC & JPIX

Friday, October 11, 2013

Murder in the Jordan Valley

The Jordan Valley is east of Judea and Samaria, just east of Shiloh and Shevut Rachel.  It extends from the southeast of Jerusalem all the way up north to Beit She'an.


After the 1967 Six Days War it was one of the priority areas the government chose for Jews to live and work.  And the work was to be agriculture.  It's very warm there and was perfect fertile ground for agriculture, especially the very profitable for export summer crops in the winter.  There were three areas of the land liberated in 1967 that the government quickly planned for settlement, the Golan, the Jordan Valley and Northern Sinai.  When Prime Minister Menachem Begin gave Egypt's Sadat the Sinai he destroyed the Jewish agriculture in the Northern Sinai.  The Golan is a success and still very Jewish, but the Jordan Valley has more problems.  And the Arab terrorists are a big danger to the Jews there.

Last night there was a murder.  Residents heard noise, went out and were attacked.  The man was murdered and the woman escaped.

The IDF is searching the Jordan Valley for Palestinian Authority terrorists who murdered a Jewish man and lightly wounded his wife shortly after midnight Thursday.
Photo Credit: Flash 90 (Jewish Press)
As usual, "peace talks" raise the confidence of Arab terrorists.  Add that to the recent release of convicted Arab terrorists including murderers, and you have a recipe for disaster. This must stop. There's no way that negotiations can bring true and lasting peace.  We must execute all Arab terrorists involved with attempts to murder Jews.

The name of the victim hasn't yet been released.

Baruch Dayan Ha'emet
HaMakom yenachem

5 comments:

NormanF said...

Batya -

His name was was Sariya Ofer - known as "Yaya" in Israel. He was one of the founders of the "Shaldag" unit of the Air Force commandos. He was a colonel in the IDF reserves at he time of his death. By a tragic coincidence his brother Yitzhak Ofer died forty years ago to the very day he was murdered, over Egypt during the Yom Kippur War.

He fell in the line of duty and won't be the last Jew to fall in the defense of the Jewish State and its people. He lived and died a hero! Ofer will be remembered long after all of us are dust with the same reverence given to Joseph Trumpeldor.

"Its good to die for our country." This is still true today in Israel!

10rainbow said...

a blessed shabbat .
i pray he would be the last jew to fall, and that Hashem compassionately sends mosiach ben dovid and brings redemption to israel. i remember reading about rebbe menachem schneerson. after his stroke he was having one of his fabringens (i think thats what they are called) and thousands attended. his doctor who sat next to him, told him to take it easy, that he has a 40% chance of getting another stroke. the rebbe replied that he should have told, that he has a 60% chance of recovery. its not easy to be joyous and happy when everyday enemies that live around us and within us are wanting to destroy us.and the rest of the world joins them, on the other hand, the miraculous existence of the jewish people can never be otherwise that what it is, Hashem's protected first born and may it be His Will that no more jewish blood is shed.

Anonymous said...

First: Shraya Ofer, z'l, Hashem yikom damo! May his family and loved ones be comforted amongst the mourners of Tzion and Jerusalem!

To Norman, it is better for a Jew to say 'it is good to live for and in Eretz Yisrael', not the other way. That's the thinking of secular zionists. Thanks to 10 Rainbow who said everything right in his above comment. We need to all pray and yearn for Moshiach Ben Dovid to end this madness.

Anonymous said...

practical: recruit a yaya to be awake during midnight to dawn hours daily.

mystical: ascend and reside upon the mount of olives and do tefillah from midnight to dawn daily.

Batya said...

Norman, a, I wrote the post before his name was released.
Nobody's immune from terrorism.
Of course it's better to live for one's country and Land, but if you aren't willing to die for it, there's less of a chance you'll survive, because you'll be too afraid to fight properly.
No doubt that a man like Yaya survived many dangerous things in the past. Nobody lives forever.
yihi zichro baruch

rainbow, it's awlys important to look at the "full" rather than the "empty."