Hamas War

Sunday, August 9, 2015

עקב Ekev Following is Havel Havelim...

עקב Ekev can also be translated or understood as "resulting." So, I'll say, that as a result of the fact that so far there isn't a volunteer for next week's edition, there may not be one then. Some weeks I'm just too busy. So, if you're interested and willing to host a Havel Havelim, please let me know, either on our facebook page or by email with HH as subject, thanks.


Havel Havelim is the long-running weekly international Jewish Israeli blog carnival started well over a decade ago by Soccer Dad who no longer blogs. Is there a life after blogging? Some people my wonder how I have time for a life with blogging. But don't fear; I do. Read my blog and you will see.

Now we keep it going on our facebook page. I host it most of the time, but the aim is for it to be hosted by other bloggers, too. If you're interested, please let me know. Also send me (before Shabbat your time) a link to your favorite Jewish or Israeli blog post of the week, whether your blog or another, preferably with a line about it, shilohmuse@gmail.com with HH as subject, thanks. 

Think of Havel Havelim as an internet magazine full of articles about Judaism, Jewish Life and Israel from various blogs. Sometimes the post isn't quite in tune with the host's opinion, but as long as it neither promotes another religion or the destruction of the State of Israel, it belongs in Havel Havelim. Some of the links are sent to the host, and others are chosen by the host. And some are from the host's blog/s of course. Participating in Havel Havelim is a good way to promote your blog, and hosting is even better.

First are posts sent to me, then mine and last will be some I've found. And please don't forget that you don't have to be a blogger to read, comment and share Havel Havelim!!

On with the show!

Ben-Tzion, Fashionable Resurrections: It is a principle of Jewish faith that at some point in the future, the dead will come back to life. We have it listed as 13th of Maimonides 13 Principles of Faith: "I believe with complete faith that there will be a revival of the dead when it will rise up the will from the Creator, blessed be His Name."
Yael Shahar, Rabbi Yochanan; Resh Lakish: A lesson in interpretation, Rabbi Yochanan and Resh Lakish are two of the greatest sparring partners in the Talmud. The story of their meeting and later falling out contains an unlooked-for treasure on the subject of moral responsibility.
I've learned that it's better to stay calm, because my traveling is in Gd's Hands, Another Amazing Gd-Planned Trip.
Wealthy people, like Simon and Jana Falic, use their money to help others, True Chesed, Helping Orphans.
I have nothing against buses; honestly! Public Transportation Woes, but it sometimes seems like the buses don't like me!
Is it really important for the State of Israel to make other countries like it? Diplomatic Isolation, Good or Bad for Israel?
"Jewish terrorists?" Have they been blown up beyond reality? IMHO, Retaliation/Revenge and Terrorism are Not Equivalents

Here are a few posts I've chosen. If you'd like your posts included, please send them in, thanks.
What Makes a 19 Year Old Laugh?
Jerusalem Brewgarden: Lucky neighbors
Mein Kampf – again
Home Sweet Home: Sorting us all out
Seraphic Secret In the Land of Israel, Part II
L ‘Chaim
The fish, the diamonds, and me, here in Canada
A No Good, Very Bad Deal

And if you're sure that you could produce a better Havel Havelim, then you're very welcome to try! It's supposed to be hosted by a variety of blogs. I don't really want to host weekly. Just let me know and I'll lend you the keys.
Remember you don't need to be a blogger to read, comment and share Havel Havelim and all the posts included. Which do you think is the best?

No comments: