Hamas War

Monday, December 17, 2012

Shiloh and Jewish History

Last night at Matan, we heard a shiur lecture about Jeremiah Chapter 7 in which the destruction of Ancient Shiloh is referred to as a lesson of how G-d can and will destroy the Holy Temple if the Jewish People refuses to repent.  Actually, that's what did happen thousands of years ago. 


יב כִּי לְכוּ-נָא, אֶל-מְקוֹמִי אֲשֶׁר בְּשִׁילוֹ, אֲשֶׁר שִׁכַּנְתִּי שְׁמִי שָׁם, בָּרִאשׁוֹנָה; וּרְאוּ, אֵת אֲשֶׁר-עָשִׂיתִי לוֹ, מִפְּנֵי, רָעַת עַמִּי יִשְׂרָאֵל. 12 For go ye now unto My place which was in Shiloh, where I caused My name to dwell at the first, and see what I did to it for the wickedness of My people Israel.
יג וְעַתָּה, יַעַן עֲשׂוֹתְכֶם אֶת-כָּל-הַמַּעֲשִׂים הָאֵלֶּה--נְאֻם-יְהוָה; וָאֲדַבֵּר אֲלֵיכֶם הַשְׁכֵּם וְדַבֵּר, וְלֹא שְׁמַעְתֶּם, וָאֶקְרָא אֶתְכֶם, וְלֹא עֲנִיתֶם. 13 And now, because ye have done all these works, saith the LORD, and I spoke unto you, speaking betimes and often, but ye heard not, and I called you, but ye answered not;
יד וְעָשִׂיתִי לַבַּיִת אֲשֶׁר נִקְרָא-שְׁמִי עָלָיו, אֲשֶׁר אַתֶּם בֹּטְחִים בּוֹ, וְלַמָּקוֹם, אֲשֶׁר-נָתַתִּי לָכֶם וְלַאֲבוֹתֵיכֶם--כַּאֲשֶׁר עָשִׂיתִי, לְשִׁלוֹ. 14 therefore will I do unto the house, whereupon My name is called, wherein ye trust, and unto the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.

Jewish Biblical History long predates Arab-Moslem History.  That's one of the points my husband makes in his blog post about a recent discovery at Tel Shiloh, an archaeological site which is being dug and researched. 

Tel Shiloh is part of the Shiloh community I live in.  We live an easy walk from Tel Shiloh, and we're actually in the neighborhood furthest away from it. 

The Jewish People's Ancient History is recorded in the Bible.  Archaeologists are busy confirming that the Bible is truly a history book.  We follow the same religion, celebrate the same holidays as recorded in the Bible. 

No other group in the history of the world is such a combination of People, Religion and Land-Based Nation, just the Jewish People




 
I'm part of a group of women who visit Tel Shiloh, Shiloh HaKeduma, every month to celebrate Rosh Chodesh, the begining of the Jewish Month.  We pray together.

Next month's prayers will be Rosh Chodesh Shvat which is actually a Shabbat, January 12, so we'll probably meet again on a Friday, Jan. 11.

Women's Prayers at Tel Shiloh
Erev Rosh Chodesh Shevat
Friday, January 11, 2013
29 Tevet 5773 8:30am
Tour of Tel & Dvar Torah, Short Torah Lesson

Please come and invite family, friends and neighbors


תפילת נשים
ערב ראש חודש שבט בתל שילה

יום ו' 11-1 כט' טבת תשע"ג 8:30
יהיה דבר תורה קצר וסיור בתל
נא לבוא, לפרסם ולהזמין חברות, משפחה ושכנות
 

2 comments:

Dawn Nussbaum said...

I hope that one day I can join you in your Rosh Choesh prayers at Tel Shiloh. Whenever I can save up enough to come visit my kids.

Batya said...

Dawn, G-d willing