Hamas War

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Radio Features Elderly Aliyah

Nettie, of the Rusty Mike Radio Show, discovered me; the miracles of googling.  She had planned a show about taking care of elderly parents and bringing them on aliyah.  She contacted me and asked if I was willing to talk about it.

At present the interview isn't on the site, but it should be soon.

Last year and even last summer, feel so far away.  For years we've had an "empty nest."  I'm glad that my children are all so independent.  Now my father is living with us, and the kids are helping as much as they can.

I hope to be able to have my parents particape in Melabev, in Jerusalem.  There's a center for English speakers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you thinking to immigrate to israel i urge to think twice about this step . i am Israeli that was living their .
the life their is hard very hard . and the tax in Israel is high . ithink that nobody in the right mind . will go their .
in Israel the government treat the people very bad .
we had a land their the government stole from us .
the truth is they same system is all over the world in usa england and French. bit in israel is worth.
greenfeld

Batya said...

There are things American money can't buy, like family. We're in Israel, so it's best for my parents to be with us, so we can help them.

Keli Ata said...

Family comes first, Batya:) I respect your values.


Personally, I think more young people would immigrate to Israel if there were more apartment complexes. Few young adults can afford to buy homes.

I know what my rent is for a nice neighborhood in my city where I live. I asked a friend what I could get in NYC for what I pay rent. She said, "a parking spot."

No idea what the rents are like in Israel.