Hamas War

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

THEY'RE BACK! guest post

THEY'RE BACK!

by A good Jew, exiled from his beloved Gush Katif home
Adar 5767, Februrary '07

Today I took my usual tiyul/hike into the Nitzan-Dune nature reserve behind the small village of Nitzan where Neve Dekalim of Gush Katif will reestablish itself after the "disengagement" of 2005. Next to the Eucalyptis Park at the beginning of the reserve I found newly established tents of arabs with herds of goats, complete with wooden pens. As I discovered last year, I expect to see ten's of herds, stockyards, tents throughout the nature reserve, and of course, around our caravilla site. (I have lots of time to hike as I'm still looking for employment; thanks to the expulsion; no thanks to the govt. employment office). Normally, I would not be especially bothered by arabs grazing freely throughout our land while Jews have devised all matters of security fences, security patrols, armed guards for group hikes, wherever Jews live on both sides of the "green line". But here in the Nitzan reserve where all the "green" organizations including interior minister Paz-Pines protested our intended reestablishment of Jewish towns from the Gaza Strip - not a peep about goats grazing for months in that same reserve. (By the way, no reestablished Jewish towns will be located in the nature reserve.) I have two degrees in biology and I know that goats eat everything, down to the roots of natural dune vegetation - they are not compatible with a nature reserve. The silence of the "greens" to this assault on dune vegetation is deafening. The Jews are not without guilt. The dunes are full of and off road motor bikes happilly riding over all areas of vegetation - again incompatible with a nature reserve and again the silence of the "greens" persists.

Perhaps I wouldn't be so sensitive to seeing arabs outside our caravilla-site in Nitzan (there's not an arab village within 20 km of here), except for the fact that several of our synnagogues had all their air-conditioner units stolen this past Thursday night. Another theft in a series of thefts since we arrived from Gaza. I know, I know - how can I say arabs committed these thefts? The epidemic of theft of Jewish property (cars, apartments, farm equipment and live stock) throughout Israel is so well known, no one, except for the leftist media even questions who the perpetrators are. To anyone who thought we Jews from Gush Katif were, at least, disengaging from arabs and the associated problems, think again.

No comments: