Hamas War

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Enjoying a Day of Tanach/Bible at Herzog


For my summer treat, I signed up for a day at Michlelet Herzog, Herzog College's Tanach/Bible Yom Iyun. It's not cheap, and next year I may try a different program.

But I must admit that some of my favorite Tanach teachers are at Herzog, and I like the fact that I can study in both Hebrew and English. OK most classes I sign up for are in English. When you're dealing with five challenging and information filled lectures in one day choosing native tongue is a wise decision.  It's much easier to absorb the material.

To be perfectly honest, there were times I not only couldn't follow, but I even dozed off. But please remember that I had spent the day before at Kenes Shiloh, which not only was full of lectures until late at night, but began with a tour/hike in the hot sun.

I'm glad that I went to Herzog, even though I wasn't the ideal student. FYI the shiurim/lectures will be posted on their site. I plan on listening to them over and over. That way I'll really get my money's worth.

If you attended, what was your experience?

2 comments:

Mr. Cohen said...

Midrash Rabah, Seder Tisa, Parshah 41, Paragraph 5:

A Torah Scholar must be expert in all 24 books of the Bible (Tanach)

==========================================
Who are the Palestinians?

https://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2018/06/who-are-palestinians.html

==========================================
Did Captain Kirk believe in negotiating with terrorists?

http://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2016/08/can-jews-learn-from-captain-kirk.html

==========================================
SEPHARDIC NINE DAYS:

https://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2018/07/nine-days.html

Batya said...

As you can see in the photos, men and women studied together.