Hamas War

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

strange priorities

Many people have shown surprise at my theory that Arik Sharon just wants to be liked, and the praise he gets from the foreign powers and media for his seditious policies strokes his elderly parched ego. This press release his office sent out is so pathetic and peculiar.

(Communicated by the Prime Minister's Media Adviser)
Following are Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's remarks at the start of hismeeting today (Wednesday), 27.7.05, with French president Jacques Chirac:

"My friends, I was pleased to accept the French President's invitation tovisit France. I have left Israel during a not easy period, one in whichPalestinian terrorism is continuing (http://tinyurl.com/dz8nu) and in whichthere is an internal struggle in Israel over the Disengagement Plan(http://tinyurl.com/43l87). Despite all the difficulties, I decided to comein order to enhance bilateral relations, relations to which we ascribe greatimportance. I came in order to express my appreciation to the President ofFrance, whom we view as one of the great leaders of the world. I would liketo thank the President for his determined struggle against anti-Semitism andfor his complete faith in the strengthening of bilateral relations. I wouldlike to thank the President for inviting me at this time. I am certain thatthe visit will both strengthen bilateral relations and promote peace in theMiddle East."Following are French President Jacques Chirac's remarks at the start of hismeeting today (Wednesday), 27.7.05, with Prime Minister Ariel Sharon:"This is an opportunity for me to say once again that the friendship betweenIsrael and France must develop diplomatically, economically and culturally.I would like to say that I am determined to fight the plague of terrorismand anti-Semitism on the eve of disengagement. France is determined tostrengthen Israel and say that it is important that the process move forwardtowards full development and assure full security for the people of Israel.It is clear that the Roadmap must give Israel peace and security and give the Palestinians the possibility of establishing a government and anindependent state. My meeting today with the Prime Minister will also be anopportunity for us to discuss the situations in Lebanon and Iran. I wishthe Prime Minister a fruitful visit."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So we see that Mr. Sharon can lie with the best of them. I doubt that he is stupid enough to actually believe the idiocy. Nor do I believe the Mr. Chirac believes what was said either. They are just spewing garbage for the press to send to the idiotarians of the world.

Esther said...

Yeah, I think sabba has the right idea.

Batya said...

Ok, so we all agree.